The Callaway Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to make Callaway County a place to live and work while creating and celebrating success. In order to do that, a main pillar of the Chamber’s is to promote economic development within Callaway County.
The Chamber is constantly striving to be a voice for economic development initiatives that includes new business development and support of existing business success and expansion. The Chamber aims to:
- Serve as a resource for business inquiries
- Maintain detailed inventory of available commercial spaces
- Support existing business by facilitating connection, providing education, and making known resources
- Collaborate with regional and state entities for new business development
- Collaborate with county & city municipalities
- Meet with exiting employers as an outreach and to obtain feedback related to business needs
- Serve as the administering authority for the USDA loan fund.
- Support and lead effort to SHOP LOCAL
- Influence local, state, and national policy through participation and use of voice
- Explore opportunities to address mid-level housing shortage
- Enhance the brand of Callaway County through strategic communication
RECON, the world’s largest retail and restaurant convention which is held in Las Vegas each summer, is a great outlet to begin making relationships and connections with businesses and organizations. The Chamber attends RECON each year and sets up a booth in the convention space. Chamber staff interact with businesses and organizations and teach them about Callaway County, showcasing why they should consider Callaway County as a place to open their business.
The Fulton Shoe Sensation was opened as a result of efforts made by the Chamber staff in recruiting them to open a storefront in Callaway County. With little clothing and shoe retail options, the move to Fulton was a great decision made by the organization.
The Chamber will continue its efforts to attract, retain, and expand businesses through Callaway County through events such as RECON and other local economic development efforts.